2007-07-05

Educated people

Every once in a while, you will come across people who are interesting...and you will come across people that march to the beat of a different drummer.

I had two instructors this semester I really admire...Dr. Laura "Chris" Green and Dr. Steve Ball. Dr. Green teaches bilingual/ESL education courses. Dr. Ball, also a practicing therapist, teaches psychology.

Then you meet these individuals that really inspire you. Dr. Josh Thompson is one of those in my case....I can't believe he was once a kindergarten teacher. How many dudes can say have ever been a member of the "pink collar" workforce. But he really inspires me--his sensitivity, his warmth, and his creativity, not to mention the fact that he is open-minded....For those of you who would like to know more....here is his faculty webpage....

http://www.faculty.tamu-commerce.edu/jthompson....

You have got to wonder if this guy is a little off his rocker...But he is one of the coolest individuals I know....check out his website!